Digital Virgo Playvod Competition Terms and Conditions
A. The following Terms and Conditions contain assumptions of risk and/or liability by you and limit and exclude liabilities, obligations and legal responsibilities which Mobile Telephone Networks (Proprietary) Limited ("MTN") and Digital Virgo together referred to as the ("Promoters") will have towards you and other persons. These Terms and Conditions also limit and exclude your rights and remedies against the Promoters and place various risks, liabilities, obligations and legal responsibilities on you. These Terms and Conditions may result in you being responsible for paying additional costs and amounts and the Promoters may also have claims and other rights against you.
B. To the extent that the Terms and Conditions or any goods or services provided under the Terms and Conditions are governed by the Consumer Protection Act, 2008 (the "Consumer Protection Act"), no provision of the Terms and Conditions are intended to contravene the applicable provisions of the Consumer Protection Act, and therefore all provisions of the Terms and Conditions must be treated as being qualified, to the extent necessary, to ensure that the applicable provisions of the Consumer Protection Act are complied with.
C. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. Participation in this offer will constitute your agreement to comply with these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree with these Terms and Conditions, please do not participate in this offer.
SECTION 49 CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT NO 68 OF 2008 NOTICE, THE FOLLOWING TERMS ARE IMPORTANT TO NOTE: CLAUSES 2,3,4 AND 5
- 1.1. Digital Virgo Playvod Competition allows users to subscribe to Playvod on the MTN network and stand a chance to win R5000 (five thousand rands) in cash (“the Competition”).
- 2.1. The Competition is available from November 1st 2023 until 30 November 2023 (“Competition Period”).
- 2.2. Notwithstanding the Competition Period, the Promoters may, in their sole and absolute discretion, amend the duration of the Competition Period to a shorter or longer period, or withdraw the Competition in its entirety, with notice to you. Visit www.mtn.co.za regularly for notices, updates and/or changes to services.
3. Who is Eligible?
- 3.1. Service is available to all MTN customers with a valid South African ID and bank account and/or MTN MoMo account.
4. How to Enter
- 4.1. Selecting the competition banner on the MTN play website and subscribing to Playvod.
- 4.2. Subscribe through 1 Pin campaigns
- 4.3. Subscribe via *123# USSD options
5. Winner Determination
- 5.1. Participants must subscribe to Playvod on MTN.
- 5.2. The winner will be selected and announced 30th November 2023.
- 5.3. The winner will be contacted by the Digital Virgo team.
- 6.1. Participants can unsubscribe via USSD: Dial *123#, Select 8 to view or cancel subscriptions, Select subscription you wish to cancel, Then select 1 to cancel, You will receive a popup notification that your subscription has been canceled.
- 6.2. Participants will receive an SMS confirming that they have been unsubscribed from the service.
- 6.3. If they unsubscribe from the service BEFORE the End date of each competition period, they will NOT be eligible to get the prize.
- 7.1. The winner will receive R5000 (five thousand rands) via EFT or into their MoMO account.
8. General :
- 8.1. Winners will be notified 30 November 2023.
- 8.2. Winners will be personally contacted (by Digital Virgo) We will ask for their first name and mobile number used to subscribe to the Service.
- 8.3. The winner will be contacted for 2 (two) consecutive business days. In the event that the winner is not contactable, another winner will be selected.
- 8.4. The Promoters may ask personal information and request documentation for delivering the prize. If a winner is unable to provide such documentation within 5 (five) calendar days of this information being requested, the Promoters will select a new winner.
- 8.5. The prize will be delivered to the winner within 14(fourteen) calendar days after receiving confirmation from the Promoter that all information has been provided.
- 8.6. The Promoters are not responsible for the Service being interrupted and/or failing for any reason or for any interruption in the network services or handset compatibility.
- 8.7. Charges will be applied to your mobile operator bill or be deducted from your prepaid balance until you cancel the service. You must verify that your mobile handset has messaging and mobile internet and is compatible for video viewing.
- 8.8. The Service begins immediately after the User sign up the subscription to the Service, and will continue until the User requests to stop the Service. As long as the service is not canceled the User will be charged for it. The service is without obligation and can be stopped at any time.
- 8.9. The Promoters, their respective directors, affiliates, MTN members, partners, employees, agents, consultants, suppliers, contractors, subsidiaries and sponsors assume no liability whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss or damage, including but not limited to physical harm or death, howsoever arising from or as a result of a person's participation in the Service and/or the terms and conditions of this Competition. Furthermore, you will be solely responsible for all products and services used by you. Accordingly, the Promoters takes no responsibility for any loss or damage, or any airtime associated with the SIM card and/or cellphone number. In the event of theft or loss of your cellphone, airtime and/or SIM card, such items must be replaced at your own cost, and you are obliged to report such loss or theft to the South African Police Services immediately. All persons using the Service hereby expressly indemnify the Promoters in this regard and shall hold it harmless from all and any claims arising from or as a result of the above reasons.
- 8.10. MTN reserves the right, at any time, to change these Terms and Conditions and any rules relating to its products and the Service, and to modify the Services at its discretion.
- 8.11. MTN reserves the right at any time to modify, suspend or discontinue the Service, with notice, without liability to you or any third party. The Promoters will under no circumstance be liable to you for any error, delay, failure or non-availability of the Service, and you indemnify the Promoter against any damage or loss you may sustain as a result of possession and/or use of the SIM card, MTN network services, or any error, delay, failure or non-availability of the Visit www.MTNplay.co.za regularly for notice, updates and/or changes to the Service.
- 8.12. MTN reserves the right from time to time to vary the charges of the Service as may be deemed necessary in its discretion.
- 8.13. See www.MTN.co.za for Service rules and updated Terms and Conditions from time to time. Any changes to rules and/or Terms and Conditions are effective from the date that they are published on the website or elsewhere in any media.
- 8.14. MTN shall be entitled to terminate the Service of any Customer, if such Customer is involved in any fraudulent activity or suspected fraudulent activity.